My name is Dmytro, and I am a software engineer. You can find me on FB, Twitter, Github etc. using the same nickname.
My current projects
Updated: 17 Oct 2016
- Bearded Men Simulation Game. A game about higher being (a king, or a god maybe) indirectly controlling a realm, inhabited by small beings with their own will. Sort of like Dwarf Fortress, but friendlier to the player. Now the game is at design concept stage.
- BEAM Bots — A robot game, where you connect to the game via ZeroMQ API and can spawn then control a toy car. Multiplayer. Physics. 3D render. Unreal Engine 4.
- A Russian translation for the "Scalability" book on behalf of DMK Press.
- BEAM Wisdoms — A collection of easy to read and in-depth articles on BEAM VM which runs Erlang, Elixir and other languages.
- Bearded Men (previous) — an attempt to create simulation game in my free time. Different approaches have been tried, including Qt+OpenGL raw C++, using Unreal Engine and Unity (no URL yet). Project concept now changed to BM Sim (see in the projects above).
- CMake build system for Erlang/OTP — an attempt to rewrite and replace bunch of convoluted Makefiles and use CMake to build and release Erlang/OTP.
- Erlang in Anger — Russian translation. Requires some proof reading and editing which possibly will never be done.
- Gluon Erlang VM — a BEAM-compatible virtual machine for Erlang written in C++. It is somewhere nearing the proof of concept stage, but then the concept changed. Almost works, was able to run small simple scripts but never booted to Erlang shell.
- Erlang Handbook — an outdated translation of Erlang Handbook to Russian. Mostly usable.
- HGE, Haaf's Graphics Engine — a Windows game engine written in simple C++ supporting DirectX 8 and 9. Passive support and maintenance mode, also hosting Dummy Website and a clone of original website for HGE.
- Term Explorer for Erlang — a simple self-dependent Erlang library, which spawns a web page to pretty-print long nested terms with type highlighting and limited live process inspection features.
- Macaba Imageboard — an old (and potentially very slow under load) image board implementation in Erlang and Riak. If I was rewriting it today, I'd use memory-only or disk_copies Mnesia for posts and comments, while storing image files on either mechanical hard drives or SSD with standard OS caching layer.