Bearded Men, the Game
Game Engine TODO
- Giving orders (marking map cells, objects and areas)
- View mode for orders (show/hide). Or show current orders of same type while giving another order
- Astar routing. Plus separate Astar implementation will be used for AI.
- AI: Planning, decision making with Astar, following plans.
- AI: Defining unit capabilities: what does it have, what can it do.
- Units: Body parts and stats.
- UI: Inspect window for an unit. Show current plan? Display unit and its body stats, damaged body parts, inventory, equipment.
- UI: Maybe revert to a simpler UI skin? Or find a more detailed appropriate free skin.
Most of this is shameless theft from DF.
- Land generation, caves, biomes, volcanoes, simple geology.
- Water sources, water erosion, streams/rivers.
- Wealth calculation, enemy uses estimated wealth to decide to attack
- General land properties: Terror level defines the creatures in this area
Creatures and Actors
- Factions? Friendly/loyal/enemy/separatist?
- Body parts, vital body parts, wounds, scars, skin fat, bleeding. Undeads missing vital organs (hit points accumulated damage to kill the thing)
- Use body parts for activities - hands to carry, legs to move, cat uses teeth to carry mouse
- Throwing, attacking - may wound/kill
- Sicknesses (syndromes), immunity, contraction: injected, on contact, inhaled
- Getting wet, contaminated with liquids
- Skills and attributes. Rust if not used for a long time.
- Good/bad feelings
- Strange moods?
Note: I personally hate setting up those small things manually, like crafting initial tool set for everyone and giving manual order to everyone. Would like to have this somehow automated/simplified while still allowing manual management for those who want it (i.e. manual crafting and giving orders).
- Gathering (low return, runs out of bushes)
- Fishing (easy entry, much time, low return)
- Orders: Become a hunter, become a fisher, become a gatherer
- Failing to hunt with bow and no arrows
- Orders, repeat orders, cancel order
- Stone properties: warm (lava is close), damp (water is close).
- Liquids, flowing, flooding
Items and Objects
- Forbid flag on doors etc
- Levers connected to stuff, various actions on different stuff. Triggers which act similar to levers.
- Situations: step into, get covered with X, get splashed, spill, inhale fumes (of spill or of a natural liquid), get hit/shot with an object covered with X.
- Actions: Sniff, taste, touch?
- Physical props: Melting point, boiling point, ignite point, heat damage point, cold damage point, density (solid and liquid), heat capacity, fixed temperature of the material
- Dietary props
- Contamination with this material as what? Blood slime vomit ichor pus goo grime filth
- ? Powder dye - properties of the powdered material
- Liquid absorption properties
- Impact/fracturing/breaking point/elasticity/strain at yield/compressive yield/elasticity, tensile yield, torsion, shear yield/fracture, bending yield/fracture/strain at yield, elasticity
- Hardens with water (allows to make casts)
Material extra properties
- "Getting this item implies animal kill" flag
- classifications - material types: wood, stone, leather, metal, glass, cloth, bone, shell, gem, wax
- extra subclasses - bone, tooth, horn, pearl, shell, silk, soap, meat...
- can rot if not stockpiled
- can evaporate
- enters blood (or stays on the skin)
- edible by vermin, edible raw, edible when cooked
- can create alcohol?
- can be used to craft weapons, ranged, anvils, ammo, picks, armor...
Altars and Temples
- Certain shape and materials for a holy or unholy structure
- Can convert room to temple/consecrate
- Buffs/Bonuses for sacrifices, for covering with specific types of liquids
- Levers. Lever can be connected to a weapon too!
- Timed mechanism
- Presense sensors
- This leads to traps
- Cages, spike traps, etc.